STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford this week:
- A fire at a Summer Street Chinese restaurant in Stamford is suspected of being arson -- and is the second such fire at an Asian eatery in eight days.
- A total of 13 Stanwich School students were sent to the hospital after their bus ran into a "very large tree" at the intersection of Stanwich Road and Pine Ridge Road in Greenwich.
- The body of a Norwalk man who was missing after his canoe flipped over Memorial Day in Long Island Sound was found.
- Christina K. Crain, who has over 15 years of experience working with senior adults, has been appointed president and executive director of the Stamford Senior Center.
- Two new principals and an assistant director of special education will take over their new posts on July 1.
- 1 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 2 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety
- 3 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 4 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 5 'Tis The Season For Networking: New Group Forms In Stamford