STAMFORD, Conn. - Services will be suspended at the Scofieldtown Road Recycling Center beginning March 31, the city of Stamford announced.
The Scofieldtown Road Recycling Center, located at Scofieldtown Road and Rockrimmon Road, will be closed beginning Monday, March 31. The facility is closing so work can begin to cap the old landfill at the location as required by the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection.
All equipment at that location will be removed for the tree work that will begin April 1.
The paper shredder will be relocated to the Katrina Mygatt Recycling Center at 130 Magee Ave.
Due to the length and nature of the work for the capping project, services will be suspended for the remainder of the year. The city of Stamford will provide updates regarding its status and reopening when possible.
Residents are encouraged to use the Katrina Mygatt Recycling Center instead. It is open six days a week: Hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. It is located at 130 Magee Ave. Call 203-977-4117 for more information.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford
- 2 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 3 Police: Stamford Woman, 76, Beaten By Son Dies Of Injuries
- 4 Former Stamford Man Suspected In Darien Cop's Death Arrested On Gun Charges
- 5 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions