STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford last week:
- A 58-year-old woman, Janice Pielert, died after she was struck and pinned by an SUV while crossing a street in downtown Stamford.
- Jamie Vadeboncoeur, 28, is facing drug charges after police found drugs, including 14 pounds of synthetic marijuana, in the Courtland Street apartment he shares with his grandmother.
- Stamford police arrested two men, Christopher Michael Horton, 34, of Waterbury, and Derek C. Mock, 35, of Stamford, in separate incidents for alleged crack cocaine dealing .
- The Stamford High School teacher, Danielle Watkins, 32, of Norwalk, accused of having sex with an 18-year-old student, was admitted into a psychiatric care facility after being arrested on June 27.
- A Stamford man, Juan Antonio Najarro-Juarez, 35, was charged with sending a man to deliver a threatening message to his wife .
- A New Haven man, Jimmy J. Megel, 42, who scammed an elderly Stamford man out of $138,000 for repairs on his 1997 Chevrolet Caprice during a period of several months, was arrested at his mother's funeral.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.