STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford last week:
- A 58-year-old woman, Janice Pielert, died after she was struck and pinned by an SUV while crossing a street in downtown Stamford.
- Jamie Vadeboncoeur, 28, is facing drug charges after police found drugs, including 14 pounds of synthetic marijuana, in the Courtland Street apartment he shares with his grandmother.
- Stamford police arrested two men, Christopher Michael Horton, 34, of Waterbury, and Derek C. Mock, 35, of Stamford, in separate incidents for alleged crack cocaine dealing.
- The Stamford High School teacher, Danielle Watkins, 32, of Norwalk, accused of having sex with an 18-year-old student, was admitted into a psychiatric care facility after being arrested on June 27.
- A Stamford man, Juan Antonio Najarro-Juarez, 35, was charged with sending a man to deliver a threatening message to his wife.
- A New Haven man, Jimmy J. Megel, 42, who scammed an elderly Stamford man out of $138,000 for repairs on his 1997 Chevrolet Caprice during a period of several months, was arrested at his mother's funeral.
- 1 Man, 62, Knocks Down Younger Victim In Road Rage Assault, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 Stamford Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Stamford
- 4 Stamford Man Charged With Fondling Wilton Woman During Meditation Session
- 5 Stamford's SAC Capital Boss Makes Forbes Billionaire List