STAMFORD, Conn. — The city of Stamford will be adding a new green garbage truck to its fleet thanks to a grant from the state.
“This funding will secure a new refuse collection vehicle for the city, with greater fuel economy and state-of-the-art air pollution controls that have the best interests of our citizens in mind,” Mayor Michael Pavia said in the release.
The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection is supplying the $83,466.75 for the vehicle through its Clean Diesel Program, the release said. The program was originally intended for school busses, but increased funding has allowed it to increase its reach into other vehicles, the release said.
- 1 Administrators Arrested In Teacher Sex Case Won't Return To Stamford High
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Principal, Assistant Won't Return To Stamford High After Teacher Sex Case
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 5 Giuseppe And Livia Fortuna, 91 And 86, Of Stamford