STAMFORD, Conn. — The city of Stamford will be adding a new green garbage truck to its fleet thanks to a grant from the state.
“This funding will secure a new refuse collection vehicle for the city, with greater fuel economy and state-of-the-art air pollution controls that have the best interests of our citizens in mind,” Mayor Michael Pavia said in the release.
The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection is supplying the $83,466.75 for the vehicle through its Clean Diesel Program, the release said. The program was originally intended for school busses, but increased funding has allowed it to increase its reach into other vehicles, the release said.
- 1 Stamford Police Warn Of Strange Men Approaching School Girls
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford
- 3 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 4 Police: Stamford Woman, 76, Beaten By Son Dies Of Injuries
- 5 Former Stamford Man Suspected In Darien Cop's Death Arrested On Gun Charges