STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford High School teacher accused of having sex with an 18-year-old student was admitted into a psychiatric care facility after being arrested on June 27, according to the Stamford Times.
Danielle Watkins, 32, of Norwalk was arrested on charges of two counts of sexual assault and one count of selling marijuana as well as one charge of selling marijuana to a 15-year-old, police said.
Watkins had more that 20 sexual encounters with the student between September 2013 and June 2014, police said.
A search of Watkins' cellphone revealed more than 2,000 text messages and hundreds of calls between the teacher and her victim, police said.
Watkins was admitted to Silver Hills Hospital in New Canaan, the Stamford Times reported. She posted $100,000 bail and is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday, July 31, the Stamford Times reported.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Stamford Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield