STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford last week:
- Pitcher Billy DeVito, a senior at Stamford High, signs a letter of intent to attend the University of Hartford and play for the school's baseball team.
- Stamford High Principal Donna Valentine, 62, was granted accelerated rehabilitation in the court case against her for failure to report allegations of inappropriate conduct between a teacher and students at Stamford High School.
- A 34-year-old Stamford man, Ranjer Gonzalez, is facing child pornography charges after police discovered more than 10,000 images of child pornography on his computer.
- A woman was struck and killed by a Metro-North train in the early morning of Monday, Nov. 17 near the South Norwalk train station, spokesman Marjorie Anders said.
- A 91-year-old Stratford woman who was mauled by her own dog died at Bridgeport Hospital .
- Cloonan Middle School in Stamford has received the College For Every Student honor as a 2013-14 “School of Distinction” for its efforts in creating high levels of college readiness and for raising aspirations among its students.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.