STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford Mayor David Martin will hold a press conference Friday morning on the status of the threatened Fourth of July holiday fireworks display.
In April, the mayor said the estimated $100,000 fireworks show could be on the chopping block due to budget trimming.
The fireworks had been restored in 2013 after a three-year hiatus due to budget cuts when then-Mayor Michael Pavia announced private funding had been secured for the event.
A press release from Martin gave no hint of what he will announce.
The Daily Voice will post a story as soon as an announcement is made on Friday.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 3 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal