STAMFORD, Conn. -- A man suffered damage to his eye after he was struck by a hard-boiled egg while driving home from work at about 11 p.m. Wednesday, Stamford police said.
Police said the 21-year-old man works as a waiter at the Sterling Farms Golf Course and was driving home on Newfield Avenue with the car window down.
As he passed by Trinity Catholic High School, he was suddenly struck by an egg that came in through his window and hit his left eye, police said.
He stopped his car and began honking his horn and waving his arms to gain someone's attention, police said. A co-worker driving by stopped and took him to the hospital, Sgt. Kelly Connelly said.
Police were notified by hospital officials at about 2 a.m. of the incident, police said.
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Stamford Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 4 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48