STAMFORD, Conn. -- A man suffered damage to his eye after he was struck by a hard-boiled egg while driving home from work at about 11 p.m. Wednesday, Stamford police said.
Police said the 21-year-old man works as a waiter at the Sterling Farms Golf Course and was driving home on Newfield Avenue with the car window down.
As he passed by Trinity Catholic High School, he was suddenly struck by an egg that came in through his window and hit his left eye, police said.
He stopped his car and began honking his horn and waving his arms to gain someone's attention, police said. A co-worker driving by stopped and took him to the hospital, Sgt. Kelly Connelly said.
Police were notified by hospital officials at about 2 a.m. of the incident, police said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Man Charged In Handsaw Attack In Stamford That Injured Ex's New Boyfriend
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting