STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford this week:
- A 43-year-old Stamford man was arrested on charges of possession of child pornography after more than 500 images were found on his computer during a four-month investigation.
- Timothy J. Curtin was named the 70th Stamford Citizen of the Year by the Jewish War Veterans Fred Robbins Post 142
- Two Stamford residents face drunken-driving charges In New York State.
- A former AT&T employee was arrested and charged with stealing a $21,000 ring while installing cable in a Stamford residence.
- Stamford welcomed a new restaurant, “Cask Republic,” with 52 draft beers, a fireplace and a casual pub atmosphere on Summer Street.
- 74-year-old Norwalk resident Lee Krost was named one of the winners of a contest sponsored by the NFL to win a free trip to the Super Bowl.
- A Stamford man was sentenced to 10 years in prison for firing a gun at a car on Woodland Place.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.