STAMFORD, Conn. -- A Stamford man faked his death to get out of a wedding to an English woman he met at the University of Connecticut, according to a CBSlocal.com report.
Tucker Blandford, 23, told the British tabloid The Daily Mail that he impersonated his parents and called, Alex Lanchester, 23, and told her that her fiance had committed suicide.
Lanchester called Blandford’s parents to express her condolences, and the ruse was blown.
The wedding had been set for Aug. 15.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Stamford For Saturday