STAMFORD, Conn. -- A Stamford man faked his death to get out of a wedding to an English woman he met at the University of Connecticut, according to a CBSlocal.com report.
Tucker Blandford, 23, told the British tabloid The Daily Mail that he impersonated his parents and called, Alex Lanchester, 23, and told her that her fiance had committed suicide.
Lanchester called Blandford’s parents to express her condolences, and the ruse was blown.
The wedding had been set for Aug. 15.
- 1 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Stamford Commission Seeks New Ways To Use Old Buildings
- 5 First Niagara To Close Bank Branch In Stamford