STAMFORD, Conn. -- Giuseppe "Joe" Cardillo, whose Stamford home was destroyed in an enormous explosion in September, says a bird is the reason he is alive today, according to NewsTimes.com.
Cardillo was smoking a cigarette by his pool after eating lunch when a cardinal flew over his head, he said. Cardillo got up to look at the bird when the explosion occurred, the newstimes.com said.
When Cardillo awoke, he was surrounded by emergency responders and a large portion of his roof was lying right where he had been before he got up to follow that cardinal, according to newstimes.com.
Read about the explosion here in The Daily Voice.