STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford this week:
- A 28-year-old Stamford man was in critical condition after being beaten and stomped on during a fight outside Curley's diner.
- A maintenance worker at a Stamford hotel was arrested after after he allegedly forced himself on a guest .
- Several wells within the city of Stamford are contaminated with uranium , the Stamford Department of Health has confirmed.
- A 40-year-old Stamford man was sentenced to four years in prison after being found guilty of selling crack cocaine as part of a narcotics trafficking ring.
- The Stamford woman who was mauled by a friend's chimpanzee in 2009 is trying to get Connecticut lawmakers to green-light a $150 million lawsuit against the state .
- Three Stamford's Westhill high students, Bradley Darling, Claire Howlett and Luis Kumanduri were named as National Merit Finalists .
- Stamford native Jamie Bruno was named the new director of hockey at Chelsea Piers Connecticut .
- Stamford-based Chelsea Piers Connecticut is expanding its membership program to include a 65,000-square-foot health and fitness facility and clubhouse that will open this fall
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.