STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford Health received six 2016 Women’s Choice Awards, recognizing it as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Obstetrics, Cancer Care, Breast Center, Stroke Center and America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience.
Following are details of each award:
- Stamford Health’s Heart & Vascular Institute was identified among the country’s top 352 health care institutions based on criteria such as female patient satisfaction, clinical excellence and what women say they want from a hospital.
- Stamford Health’s Obstetric Services were among the top 15 percent of hospitals considered the best in which to have a baby in 2016, and was awarded the 2016 Women’s Choice Award as an America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics for the third consecutive year.
- Stamford Health’s Bennett Cancer Center earned the 2016 Women’s Choice Award for Cancer Care.
- Stamford Health’s Breast Center was recognized as a Best Breast Center, signifying a commitment to meeting the highest standards in caring for the needs of female patients, as well as meeting the standards of the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and having a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence seal from the American College of Radiology.
- Being awarded the Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Stroke Centers recognizes Stamford Health’s Stroke Center accreditation by the Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and ability to meet the high standards for stroke care as determined by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
- Recognized as America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience
The Women’s Choice Award identifies the country’s best health care institutions based on criteria that consider female patient satisfaction, clinical excellence and what women say they want from a hospital.
In addition, Stamford Hospital recently received Magnet designation, the highest honor for exceptional patient care and outcomes, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing.
“The Women’s Choice Awards reflect our ongoing commitment to delivering an extraordinary healthcare experience,” said Kathleen Silard, executive vice president and chief operating officer at Stamford Health
Stamford Health is a not-for-profit health care system in lower Fairfield County.
For more information, click here .