STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford this week:
- Carlos and Alexandra Terron's El Charrito Mexican restaurant business was named 25th best taco in the country by a national food website. The Stamford couple have a small restaurant in Greenwich and a food truck in Stamford.
- Four high school students Claire Howlett, Luis Kumanduri, Caroline Ryan and Zachariah R. Smart from Stamford have been named winners of National Merit Scholarships.
A Stamford man, Daniel Oliva, 21, was charged with driving under the influence after driving erratically in Darien.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Stole Truck, Then Returned It