A Stamford police officer was hit in the face after shots were fired on Lockwood Avenue in the Cove section of the city shortly before 6 p.m. Thursday and two men were reportedly in custody, according to published reports.
Officer Richard Gasparino, a member of the Stamford police department's Narcotics and Organized Crime Unit, was hit by a single gunshot from a .357 handgun as officers prepared to serve a warrant, officers said. The bullet pierced his neck and cheek.
Police officers at Stamford Hospital say Gasparino was expected to survive.
- 1 Stamford Man Hit By Car Remains In Critical Condition
- 2 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 3 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 4 Second West Nile Virus Case Confirmed In Stamford
- 5 Story Of How Stamford Cops Helped Autistic Man Will Go National On 'NBC'