STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford will close roads from Friday, March 28, to Monday, March 31, as crews install a pedestrian bridge over Washington Boulevard downtown.
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is scheduled to install the pedestrian bridge superstructure during the weekends of March 28, April 4 and April 11. The project consists of installing a prefabricated pedestrian bridge over Washington Boulevard to connect the new development Gateway Garage at 406 Washington Blvd. to the Stamford Train Station Platform No. 4.
Washington Boulevard between South State Street and Station Place will be closed to both vehicle and pedestrian traffic from 9 p.m. Friday, March 28, to 5 a.m. Monday, March 31. Vehicle detour signs and pedestrian detour signs will be in place, city officials said.
Waters Construction was awarded the $2.8 million project in May 2013 and is scheduled for completion on April 23, according to Stamford officials.
The following is the schedule of work, courtesy the Connecticut Department of Transportation:
- March 28 to March 31 - install superstructure
- April 4 to April 7 - glass panel installation
- April 11 to April 14 - miscellaneous work
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Stamford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued