STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford will close roads from Friday, March 28, to Monday, March 31, as crews install a pedestrian bridge over Washington Boulevard downtown.
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is scheduled to install the pedestrian bridge superstructure during the weekends of March 28, April 4 and April 11. The project consists of installing a prefabricated pedestrian bridge over Washington Boulevard to connect the new development Gateway Garage at 406 Washington Blvd. to the Stamford Train Station Platform No. 4.
Washington Boulevard between South State Street and Station Place will be closed to both vehicle and pedestrian traffic from 9 p.m. Friday, March 28, to 5 a.m. Monday, March 31. Vehicle detour signs and pedestrian detour signs will be in place, city officials said.
Waters Construction was awarded the $2.8 million project in May 2013 and is scheduled for completion on April 23, according to Stamford officials.
The following is the schedule of work, courtesy the Connecticut Department of Transportation:
- March 28 to March 31 - install superstructure
- April 4 to April 7 - glass panel installation
- April 11 to April 14 - miscellaneous work
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Stamford Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48