STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford will close roads from Friday, March 28, to Monday, March 31, as crews install a pedestrian bridge over Washington Boulevard downtown.
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is scheduled to install the pedestrian bridge superstructure during the weekends of March 28, April 4 and April 11. The project consists of installing a prefabricated pedestrian bridge over Washington Boulevard to connect the new development Gateway Garage at 406 Washington Blvd. to the Stamford Train Station Platform No. 4.
Washington Boulevard between South State Street and Station Place will be closed to both vehicle and pedestrian traffic from 9 p.m. Friday, March 28, to 5 a.m. Monday, March 31. Vehicle detour signs and pedestrian detour signs will be in place, city officials said.
Waters Construction was awarded the $2.8 million project in May 2013 and is scheduled for completion on April 23, according to Stamford officials.
The following is the schedule of work, courtesy the Connecticut Department of Transportation:
- March 28 to March 31 - install superstructure
- April 4 to April 7 - glass panel installation
- April 11 to April 14 - miscellaneous work
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Giuseppe And Livia Fortuna, 91 And 86, Of Stamford