STAMFORD, Conn. — Teammates of the 1983 Stamford American Little League World Series reminisced about their run 30 years ago, topping news in Stamford this week. Here is a look at what else happened.
- The week got off to a rough start when Cablevision experienced service outages in the area, causing many to go without television.
- In 1983 Stamford American Little League made a run to the Little League World Series, and a few of their members gave advice to the Westport team on Tuesday. Stamford's Bobby Valentine also commented on Westport's team this week.
- A mother and daughter from Stamford were charged with shoplifting from Kohl's Department Store in Norwalk on Tuesday.
- On Wednesday the city ran through a series of drills as if a hurricane hit Stamford to make sure all departments are ready to respond.
- Two Stamford police sergeants, Thomas Barcello and Thomas Scanlon, were promoted to lieutenant and two officers, Rhett Connelly and Stephen Murphy, were promoted to sergeant Wednesday afternoon.
- Mayor Michael Pavia has started an internal investigation after reports of a city employee was using city equipment to work at the Stamford home of Gov. Dannel Malloy.