DANBURY, Conn. - A small plane crashed just short of the runway at Danbury Municipal Airport Thursday night.
The crash occurred around 7 p.m. The small plane was in a parking lot near a swamp on Miry Brook Road, across from the airport.
The scene was fairly quiet at about 7:45 p.m. Thursday, with only a few fire trucks and police near the site. There was no word on how many people were on board or whether there were any injuries.
The Danbury Fire Department's hazmat team arrived at the scene just before 8 p.m.
No planes were flying in or out of the Danbury Airport following the incident.
Check back with Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 2 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety
- 3 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Stamford
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 Stamford Teen Dances Role Of Sugar Plum Fairy In 'Nutcracker'