DANBURY, Conn. - A small plane crashed just short of the runway at Danbury Municipal Airport Thursday night.
The crash occurred around 7 p.m. The small plane was in a parking lot near a swamp on Miry Brook Road, across from the airport.
The scene was fairly quiet at about 7:45 p.m. Thursday, with only a few fire trucks and police near the site. There was no word on how many people were on board or whether there were any injuries.
The Danbury Fire Department's hazmat team arrived at the scene just before 8 p.m.
No planes were flying in or out of the Danbury Airport following the incident.
Check back with Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Police: Cross-Dressing Man Charged In Stamford Mugging
- 2 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 3 Crowds Line Up Early In Stamford To Get New iPhones
- 4 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 5 Stamford Could See Overnight Showers Heading Into Last Day Of Summer