DANBURY, Conn. - A small plane crashed just short of the runway at Danbury Municipal Airport Thursday night.
The crash occurred around 7 p.m. The small plane was in a parking lot near a swamp on Miry Brook Road, across from the airport.
The scene was fairly quiet at about 7:45 p.m. Thursday, with only a few fire trucks and police near the site. There was no word on how many people were on board or whether there were any injuries.
The Danbury Fire Department's hazmat team arrived at the scene just before 8 p.m.
No planes were flying in or out of the Danbury Airport following the incident.
Check back with Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Two Human Skulls Found At Stamford Transfer Station, Police Say