DANBURY, Conn. - A small plane crashed just short of the runway at Danbury Municipal Airport Thursday night.
The crash occurred around 7 p.m. The small plane was in a parking lot near a swamp on Miry Brook Road, across from the airport.
The scene was fairly quiet at about 7:45 p.m. Thursday, with only a few fire trucks and police near the site. There was no word on how many people were on board or whether there were any injuries.
The Danbury Fire Department's hazmat team arrived at the scene just before 8 p.m.
No planes were flying in or out of the Danbury Airport following the incident.
Check back with Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Update: Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting In Stamford In 2012
- 2 Man Arrested After Chase Charged With Throwing Rock At Stamford Police Cars
- 3 Police: Stamford Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 4 Dentist Involved In Stamford Medicaid Fraud Scheme Pleads Guilty
- 5 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide