STAMFORD, Conn. -- A second man has filed a lawsuit against the Stamford Board of Education claiming he was molested by a Rogers School gym teacher in the 1970s, according to the Stamford Advocate. As many as five more lawsuits could soon follow, the story said.
Lawsuits were reportedly filed in Stamford Superior Court against the Board of Education and in state Superior Court in Bridgeport against former teacher Robert Martinez and the Rogers principal at that time, Edward Mathews, the Advocate said.
Martinez has denied the allegations, and Rogers and the Board of Education are being defended by Stamford city counsel, according to the article.
The first victim to file suit against Martinez began seeking out other victims to help in the case last year, according to the article.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Giuseppe And Livia Fortuna, 91 And 86, Of Stamford