STAMFORD, Conn. -- A second man has filed a lawsuit against the Stamford Board of Education claiming he was molested by a Rogers School gym teacher in the 1970s, according to the Stamford Advocate. As many as five more lawsuits could soon follow, the story said.
Lawsuits were reportedly filed in Stamford Superior Court against the Board of Education and in state Superior Court in Bridgeport against former teacher Robert Martinez and the Rogers principal at that time, Edward Mathews, the Advocate said.
Martinez has denied the allegations, and Rogers and the Board of Education are being defended by Stamford city counsel, according to the article.
The first victim to file suit against Martinez began seeking out other victims to help in the case last year, according to the article.
- 1 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 4 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station