WESTPORT, Conn. -- U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and other officials are calling on Metro-North to report any suspected train strikes after a woman's body was discovered in the Sagatuck River in Westport, according to wshu.org.
Officials say the 46-year-old Maine woman was killed when she struck by a train, but Metro-North officials said employees found no evidence of a strike after stopping and inspecting the train, wshu.org reported.
- 1 Police: Stamford Man, 85, Hit Wife In Head With Ax In Dispute Over Food
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt Near Stamford Border
- 5 Stamford Man Charged With DWI In Head-On Collision