WESTPORT, Conn. -- U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and other officials are calling on Metro-North to report any suspected train strikes after a woman's body was discovered in the Sagatuck River in Westport, according to wshu.org.
Officials say the 46-year-old Maine woman was killed when she struck by a train, but Metro-North officials said employees found no evidence of a strike after stopping and inspecting the train, wshu.org reported.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Two Human Skulls Found At Stamford Transfer Station, Police Say