WESTPORT, Conn. -- U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and other officials are calling on Metro-North to report any suspected train strikes after a woman's body was discovered in the Sagatuck River in Westport, according to wshu.org.
Officials say the 46-year-old Maine woman was killed when she struck by a train, but Metro-North officials said employees found no evidence of a strike after stopping and inspecting the train, wshu.org reported.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director