WESTPORT, Conn. -- U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and other officials are calling on Metro-North to report any suspected train strikes after a woman's body was discovered in the Sagatuck River in Westport, according to wshu.org.
Officials say the 46-year-old Maine woman was killed when she struck by a train, but Metro-North officials said employees found no evidence of a strike after stopping and inspecting the train, wshu.org reported.
- 1 Stamford Woman Charged With Punching Ex-Boyfriend's New Girlfriend
- 2 Westhill's Northstar Playmakers Perform 'Hairspray' In Stamford
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Stamford
- 4 Young Stamford Gymnast Vaults To Forefront In State Competition
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed