FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A slow-moving front coupled with a tropical storm made for a wet start to the Independence Day weekend in Fairfield County, but skies are expected to clear with perfect weather on Saturday and Sunday, according to the National Weather Service.
After overnight clearing and cool temperatures, skies will clear for Saturday, making way for abundant sunshine and high temperatures near 80 for the remainder of the holiday weekend.
Saturday's high temperature will be near 80 degrees across Fairfield County with northwest winds of 9 to 17 mph. Cool overnight temperatures in the mid-50s will make for comfortable sleeping.
Sunday will be beautiful and sunny, with a high in the mid-80s. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with low temperatures in the low 60s.
If you're looking ahead to the start of the work week, Monday will also be mostly sunny, with a high near 85 degrees.
- 1 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 2 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety
- 3 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 4 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 5 'Tis The Season For Networking: New Group Forms In Stamford