FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- A slow-moving front coupled with a tropical storm made for a wet start to the Independence Day weekend in Fairfield County, but skies are expected to clear with perfect weather on Saturday and Sunday, according to the National Weather Service.
After overnight clearing and cool temperatures, skies will clear for Saturday, making way for abundant sunshine and high temperatures near 80 for the remainder of the holiday weekend.
Saturday's high temperature will be near 80 degrees across Fairfield County with northwest winds of 9 to 17 mph. Cool overnight temperatures in the mid-50s will make for comfortable sleeping.
Sunday will be beautiful and sunny, with a high in the mid-80s. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with low temperatures in the low 60s.
If you're looking ahead to the start of the work week, Monday will also be mostly sunny, with a high near 85 degrees.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Stamford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow