FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- I-95 northbound was jammed for nearly 26 miles from Greenwich to Bridgeport in rainy and foggy conditions, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported at about 4:30 p.m..
The falling rain and dense fog was limiting visibility and slowing cars to 10 to 20 mph through the area.
Traffic was slowed to 10 to 20 mph on I-95 across all of Fairfield County, from Exit 3 in Greenwich, then through Stamford, Darien and Norwalk as well as into Westport and Fairfield to Exit 27.
The Merritt Parkway was showing heavy congestion from Stamford and New Canaan as well as into Norwalk and Westport and beyond.
Traffic was also heavy on I-84 from the the New York State line to Exit 8 in Danbury, the DOT said. It was especially jammed from Exit 3 to Exit 7.
- 1 Husband Remembers WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi At Stamford Service
- 2 Dogs Attack Stamford Woman And Her Labrador At Tilley Pond Park
- 3 Stamford Woman, 76, Dies Thursday; Cops Say Son Beat Her Violently
- 4 Man Charged With Attacking Wife , Swinging Ax Over Her Head In Stamford
- 5 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items