FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- I-95 northbound was jammed for nearly 26 miles from Greenwich to Bridgeport in rainy and foggy conditions, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported at about 4:30 p.m..
The falling rain and dense fog was limiting visibility and slowing cars to 10 to 20 mph through the area.
Traffic was slowed to 10 to 20 mph on I-95 across all of Fairfield County, from Exit 3 in Greenwich, then through Stamford, Darien and Norwalk as well as into Westport and Fairfield to Exit 27.
The Merritt Parkway was showing heavy congestion from Stamford and New Canaan as well as into Norwalk and Westport and beyond.
Traffic was also heavy on I-84 from the the New York State line to Exit 8 in Danbury, the DOT said. It was especially jammed from Exit 3 to Exit 7.
- 1 Stamford Ranks Among Best Cities To Live In Nationwide
- 2 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 3 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event
- 4 Beware Of Delays On Merritt During Obama's Visit To Stamford
- 5 Couple Face Charges Of Making Fake Credit Cards In Stamford