FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- I-95 northbound was jammed for nearly 26 miles from Greenwich to Bridgeport in rainy and foggy conditions, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported at about 4:30 p.m..
The falling rain and dense fog was limiting visibility and slowing cars to 10 to 20 mph through the area.
Traffic was slowed to 10 to 20 mph on I-95 across all of Fairfield County, from Exit 3 in Greenwich, then through Stamford, Darien and Norwalk as well as into Westport and Fairfield to Exit 27.
The Merritt Parkway was showing heavy congestion from Stamford and New Canaan as well as into Norwalk and Westport and beyond.
Traffic was also heavy on I-84 from the the New York State line to Exit 8 in Danbury, the DOT said. It was especially jammed from Exit 3 to Exit 7.
- 1 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 2 Stamford Man Faces Prison Term For Having Oral Sex With 12-Year-Old
- 3 Stamford Adds Hours At Government Center For Beach Sticker Sales
- 4 Stamford Man Convicted Of Trying To Hire A Hit Man To Kill Wife's Lover
- 5 Greenwich-Owned Upstart Places 18th At Kentucky Derby