FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- I-95 northbound was jammed for nearly 26 miles from Greenwich to Bridgeport in rainy and foggy conditions, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported at about 4:30 p.m..
The falling rain and dense fog was limiting visibility and slowing cars to 10 to 20 mph through the area.
Traffic was slowed to 10 to 20 mph on I-95 across all of Fairfield County, from Exit 3 in Greenwich, then through Stamford, Darien and Norwalk as well as into Westport and Fairfield to Exit 27.
The Merritt Parkway was showing heavy congestion from Stamford and New Canaan as well as into Norwalk and Westport and beyond.
Traffic was also heavy on I-84 from the the New York State line to Exit 8 in Danbury, the DOT said. It was especially jammed from Exit 3 to Exit 7.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Stamford Cops Find Man Passed Out In Car With Engine Running
- 5 Arrest Of Stamford Duo In Shippan Car Break-Ins Tops Week’s News