STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford this week:
- A new 344-unit apartment building, 75 Tresser, opened at the former site of The Advocate newspaper building in downtown Stamford.
- A 52-year-old Stamford man was sentenced Wednesday to 21 months in federal prison for his involvement in an illegal gambling ring controlled by organized crime.
- A Metro-North employee Manny Ramos, 34, was arrested after allegedly sexually assaulting a woman on a New Haven-bound Metro-North train.
- Stamford police arrested a registered sex offender William Coddaire, 58, of Greenwich, after allegedly propositioning a 15-year-old girl in a fast-food restaurant.
- Fairfield-Based firms CT Wellness Centers and Advanced Grow Labs got state approval to produce medical marijuana in the state of Connecticut.
- A 45-year-old Stamford man Stephen Joyce, sentenced to a year in federal prison for operating an illegal sports gambling business.