NORWALK, Conn. -- An unoccupied van stuck in a snowbank on the tracks of Metro-North's Danbury Branch in Norwalk was hit by a train at about 6:30 p.m. Saturday, according to NBC Connecticut.
The van slid into a snowbank next to the tracks due to heavy snow and slippery conditions on Glover Avenue, Norwalk Fire Department officials said. The driver was trying to dig out the can when it was struck by the northbound train, NBC Connecticut said.
No injuries were reported.
Read the full story here at the NBC Connecticut website.
- 1 Stamford High Schools Ranked Among Connecticut's Best
- 2 Alarm Sends Stamford School Into Lockdown; Cops Call It False Alarm
- 3 North Stamford Man Charged With Robbing Teen At Knifepoint
- 4 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Stamford; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely