NORWALK, Conn. -- An unoccupied van stuck in a snowbank on the tracks of Metro-North's Danbury Branch in Norwalk was hit by a train at about 6:30 p.m. Saturday, according to NBC Connecticut.
The van slid into a snowbank next to the tracks due to heavy snow and slippery conditions on Glover Avenue, Norwalk Fire Department officials said. The driver was trying to dig out the can when it was struck by the northbound train, NBC Connecticut said.
No injuries were reported.
Read the full story here at the NBC Connecticut website.
- 1 Man Charged With Making Video Of Woman, 48, In Stamford Beach Bathroom
- 2 'Shark Tank' Star Mark Cuban Anchors Yacht Off Stamford Harbor
- 3 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 4 Police Search For Stamford Man In Armed Robbery Of Check-Cashing Business
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money