NORWALK, Conn. -- An unoccupied van stuck in a snowbank on the tracks of Metro-North's Danbury Branch in Norwalk was hit by a train at about 6:30 p.m. Saturday, according to NBC Connecticut.
The van slid into a snowbank next to the tracks due to heavy snow and slippery conditions on Glover Avenue, Norwalk Fire Department officials said. The driver was trying to dig out the can when it was struck by the northbound train, NBC Connecticut said.
No injuries were reported.
Read the full story here at the NBC Connecticut website.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Stamford On Wednesday
- 2 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Stamford High Principal, Assistant Apply For Special Court Program
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stamford's Backyard Humanitarian Conducts Annual Coat Drive