NORWALK, Conn. -- An unoccupied van stuck in a snowbank on the tracks of Metro-North's Danbury Branch in Norwalk was hit by a train at about 6:30 p.m. Saturday, according to NBC Connecticut.
The van slid into a snowbank next to the tracks due to heavy snow and slippery conditions on Glover Avenue, Norwalk Fire Department officials said. The driver was trying to dig out the can when it was struck by the northbound train, NBC Connecticut said.
No injuries were reported.
Read the full story here at the NBC Connecticut website.
- 1 Police: Stamford Man, 85, Hit Wife In Head With Ax In Dispute Over Food
- 2 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 3 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt Near Stamford Border
- 4 Stamford Man Charged With DWI In Head-On Collision
- 5 Stamford Man Charged In Assault On Darien Girlfriend