NORWALK, Conn. -- An unoccupied van stuck in a snowbank on the tracks of Metro-North's Danbury Branch in Norwalk was hit by a train at about 6:30 p.m. Saturday, according to NBC Connecticut.
The van slid into a snowbank next to the tracks due to heavy snow and slippery conditions on Glover Avenue, Norwalk Fire Department officials said. The driver was trying to dig out the can when it was struck by the northbound train, NBC Connecticut said.
No injuries were reported.
Read the full story here at the NBC Connecticut website.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Single-Family Home Price Climbs 5.1 Percent In Stamford