FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Metro-North will cut back its regular train schedule 18 percent Wednesday because of the snow-and-ice storm forecast to hit Fairfield County and beyond.
Twenty seven of the usual 154 morning rush-hour trains will be combined Wednesday, allowing the commuter railroad to hold back extra trains to pick up passengers if necessary, Metro-North announced on its website.
For Wednesday, Metro-North will operate a regular schedule with train combinations in the AM peak. Delays and additional train combinations may occur, depending upon the severity of the storm.
For detailed train schedule information, use Metro-North's interactive schedules page .
The following combinations/cancellations will be in effect in Connecticut on the New Haven Line inbound to Grand Central:
- The 5:31 a.m. train from New Canaan will terminate at Stamford; New Canaan customers can transfer to the 6:06 a.m. express to Grand Central Terminal. Customers from Old Greenwich through Rye can take the 5:57 a.m. local train from Stamford.
- The 6:12 a.m. train from Stamford is canceled. Customers can use the 6:17 a.m. local train.
- The 5:45 a.m. train from Bridgeport is combined with the 5:35 a.m. train from New Haven, which will make all stops of both trains.
- The 6:10 a.m. train from New Haven to Stamford is canceled, customers can use the 6:18 a.m. train from New Haven.
- The 7:31 a.m. train from Port Chester is combined with the 6:16 a.m. train from Danbury, which will make the stops of both trains.
- The 7:18 a.m. train from South Norwalk is combined with the 7:03 a.m. train from Bridgeport, which will make the stops of both trains.
- The 7:47 a.m. train from South Norwalk is combined with the 6:48 a.m. train from Danbury, which will make the stops of both trains.
- The 6:46 a.m. from New Haven is canceled. Customers may use the 6:52 a.m. train from New Haven, which will make all local stops from New Haven to South Norwalk, then Stamford, Harlem 125th Street and GCT. Customers travelling to Old Greenwich, Cos Cob and Riverside should transfer at Stamford to the 7:55 a.m. local train.
- The 8:13 a.m. train from Harrison is combined with the 7:55 a.m. train from Stamford, which will make the stops of both trains.
- The 8:53 a.m. train from Stamford is combined with the 9:22 a.m. train from Harrison. This train will depart Stamford seven minutes later than normal, at 9 a.m., making all stops to Grand Central.
- The 9:39 a.m. train from South Norwalk will run between Stamford and Grand Central only; customers at South Norwalk, Rowayton, Darien and Noroton Heights may use the 8:49 a.m. train from New Haven, which will make extra stops.
For information on the Hudson and Harlem lines as well as the New Haven Line in New York, visit this website .
Riders are advised to take care during bad weather and allow for additional travel time. Customers should use caution when entering and exiting trains, and on platforms and staircases.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.