Contact Us
Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT

Nearby Towns

news

Man Nearly Dies Of Heroin Overdose Inside Library Bathroom In Stamford

Ferguson Library
Ferguson Library Photo Credit: File photo

An employee found a 52-year-old man unconscious and nearly dead from a heroin overdose in a second-floor bathroom at Ferguson Library in Stamford, according to police.

The man was found around 1 p.m. Thursday at the library at 1 Public Library Plaza when the staff member entered the bathroom, said Stamford Police Sgt. Robert Shawinsky.

Shawinsky said the staffer called police and EMS who quickly arrived and medics administered two doses of Narcan before bringing the man back to life.

The man, who had a needle in his arm when found, didn't "want anything to do with police or EMS," Shawinsky said, but was transported to Stamford Hospital.

No charges were filed because he did not have any drugs on him when found, Shawinsky said.

The syringe tested positive for narcotics, police said.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stamford Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.