STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford last week:
- Christopher J. Vesciglio, 24, of Stamford, was charged with punching Volvo SUV car owner while damaging a wiper on the vehicle.
- A 17-year-old Stamford resident found hiding under a porch in New Canaan was arrested after a pre-dawn search for suspects in a stolen car case that included officers and K9 dogs from Norwalk and Stamford.
- Ridgefield police identified the 15-month-old child who died after being left in a hot car as Benjamin Seitz and also confirmed they are investigating the death.
- Insufficient evidence exists to pursue federal criminal civil rights or local charges against officers involved in the fatal shooting of Miriam Carey of Stamford last fall, just blocks from the U.S. Capitol, the U.S. attorney’s office for the District of Columbia announced.
- Stamford’s Carly J. Berizzi was named to the Dean's List for academic achievement during the spring semester at St. Lawrence University in Canton, N.Y.
A 61-year-old Stamford man, Joel Furst, was arrested on charges of stalking a city woman.
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 4 Man, 62, Knocks Down Younger Victim In Road Rage Assault, Stamford Cops Say
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48