STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford last week:
- Christopher J. Vesciglio, 24, of Stamford, was charged with punching Volvo SUV car owner while damaging a wiper on the vehicle.
- A 17-year-old Stamford resident found hiding under a porch in New Canaan was arrested after a pre-dawn search for suspects in a stolen car case that included officers and K9 dogs from Norwalk and Stamford.
- Ridgefield police identified the 15-month-old child who died after being left in a hot car as Benjamin Seitz and also confirmed they are investigating the death.
- Insufficient evidence exists to pursue federal criminal civil rights or local charges against officers involved in the fatal shooting of Miriam Carey of Stamford last fall, just blocks from the U.S. Capitol, the U.S. attorney’s office for the District of Columbia announced.
- Stamford’s Carly J. Berizzi was named to the Dean's List for academic achievement during the spring semester at St. Lawrence University in Canton, N.Y.
A 61-year-old Stamford man, Joel Furst, was arrested on charges of stalking a city woman.
- 1 Grad From Stamford's Westhill High In Line To Become Nike Chairman
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Malloy Defends Record In Speech Before Business Council Of Fairfield County
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 Two Men Charged In Armed Robbery Of Stamford Convenience Store