STAMFORD, Conn. -- A Bronx man who was involved in a prostitution ring that trafficked three underage prostitutes to a Stamford hotel pleaded guilty to promoting prostitution and risk of injury to a child on Tuesday, July 1, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Enrique Carlos Batista, 35, was arrested Hampton Inn on Mill River Road in January after driving three prostitutes, ages 14, 16 and 17, to the hotel for a client who was really an undercover FBI agent, the Stamford Advocate reported.
Federal agents arrested more than 45 pimps and recovered 16 juveniles in the New York and New Jersey area during the time surrounding the Super Bowl earlier this year, the Stamford Advocate said.
Batista will be sentenced in September to 25 months in prison, according to the Stamford Advocate.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 3 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 4 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 5 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Stamford