9 p.m. update: STAMFORD, Conn. -- The accident that closed High Ridge Road in Stamford for many hours Wednesday was caused by a deer running across the road, according to the Stamford Advocate.
A driver swerved to avoid the deer and hit a telephone pole, leaving it to hang by its wires, the Advocate said.
Read the full story here at the Advocate.
Original story: STAMFORD, Conn. -- High Ridge Road in North Stamford is closed in both directions on Wednesday morning because of a motor vehicle accident, according to blog.ctnews.com.
A car crashed into a utility pole shortly after 7 a.m., the report said.
The accident happened near Hoyclo Drive, north of the Merritt Parkway.
Read the full story here at blog.ctnews.com.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 3 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 4 Stamford Board Of Ed Employee Charged With Sexually Assaulting Co-Worker
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview