9 p.m. update: STAMFORD, Conn. -- The accident that closed High Ridge Road in Stamford for many hours Wednesday was caused by a deer running across the road, according to the Stamford Advocate.
A driver swerved to avoid the deer and hit a telephone pole, leaving it to hang by its wires, the Advocate said.
Read the full story here at the Advocate.
Original story: STAMFORD, Conn. -- High Ridge Road in North Stamford is closed in both directions on Wednesday morning because of a motor vehicle accident, according to blog.ctnews.com.
A car crashed into a utility pole shortly after 7 a.m., the report said.
The accident happened near Hoyclo Drive, north of the Merritt Parkway.
Read the full story here at blog.ctnews.com.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director