9 p.m. update: STAMFORD, Conn. -- The accident that closed High Ridge Road in Stamford for many hours Wednesday was caused by a deer running across the road, according to the Stamford Advocate.
A driver swerved to avoid the deer and hit a telephone pole, leaving it to hang by its wires, the Advocate said.
Read the full story here at the Advocate.
Original story: STAMFORD, Conn. -- High Ridge Road in North Stamford is closed in both directions on Wednesday morning because of a motor vehicle accident, according to blog.ctnews.com.
A car crashed into a utility pole shortly after 7 a.m., the report said.
The accident happened near Hoyclo Drive, north of the Merritt Parkway.
Read the full story here at blog.ctnews.com.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Two Human Skulls Found At Stamford Transfer Station, Police Say