update: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The rush-hour traffic jams were cleared by Monday evening, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
original story: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Heavy, slow-moving traffic was reported on I-95 in both directions and on the Merritt Parkway in southern Fairfield County during the Monday afternoon rush hour by the Connecticut Department of Transportation.
Delays on I-95 northbound were reported for 24 miles from Exit 2 in Greenwich, through Stamford, Darien, Norwalk and Westport all the way to Exit 24 in Fairfield.
Delays for 6.3 miles were reported on I-95 southbound between Exit 7 in Stamford/Greenwich and Exit 2 in Greenwich.
The Merritt Parkway northbound was jammed for nearly 29 miles from Exit 28 in Greenwich to Exit 49N in Trumbull. Delays were reported in Stamford, Darien/New Canaan, Norwalk, Westport, Wilton, Weston and Fairfield and beyond.
A disabled vehicle was reported to be blocking the left lane of the northbound Merritt Parkway at the Den Road/Exit 33 in Stamford at about 5:30 p.m.
No other major accidents were reported by the DOT.
- 1 Grad From Stamford's Westhill High In Line To Become Nike Chairman
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Malloy Defends Record In Speech Before Business Council Of Fairfield County
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Stamford-Bound Metro-North Train
- 5 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose