GREENWICH, Conn. -- Two Greenwich High School graduates who met at Manhattanville College in Purchase, N.Y., put their wedding together in 24 hours so the bride's mother, who has incurable lung cancer, could attend, according to Buzzfeed.
Anthony and Aly Femia had planned to marry in September 2015 but learned that Aly's mother, Mary Quinn, had lung cancer that had spread to her brain and that she had little time left.
Yale-New Haven Hospital staff helped Anthony and Aly organize a wedding at the hospital - including finding and purchasing a wedding dress - so Mary Quinn could see her daughter get married, according to Buzzfeed.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford
- 2 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 3 Police: Stamford Woman, 76, Beaten By Son Dies Of Injuries
- 4 Former Stamford Man Suspected In Darien Cop's Death Arrested On Gun Charges
- 5 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions