GREENWICH, Conn. -- Two Greenwich High School graduates who met at Manhattanville College in Purchase, N.Y., put their wedding together in 24 hours so the bride's mother, who has incurable lung cancer, could attend, according to Buzzfeed.
Anthony and Aly Femia had planned to marry in September 2015 but learned that Aly's mother, Mary Quinn, had lung cancer that had spread to her brain and that she had little time left.
Yale-New Haven Hospital staff helped Anthony and Aly organize a wedding at the hospital - including finding and purchasing a wedding dress - so Mary Quinn could see her daughter get married, according to Buzzfeed.
- 1 Stamford Woman Found Dead After Suspicious Fire In Home
- 2 Stamford Police Seek Suspect Involved In Crash, Chase
- 3 Embattled Stamford High School Appoints Two New Assistant Principals
- 4 Women Betrayed Group To Rally Against Planned Parenthood In Stamford
- 5 Police: Stamford Man Hit Woman With Two Chairs After Dispute Over Music