GREENWICH, Conn. -- Two Greenwich High School graduates who met at Manhattanville College in Purchase, N.Y., put their wedding together in 24 hours so the bride's mother, who has incurable lung cancer, could attend, according to Buzzfeed.
Anthony and Aly Femia had planned to marry in September 2015 but learned that Aly's mother, Mary Quinn, had lung cancer that had spread to her brain and that she had little time left.
Yale-New Haven Hospital staff helped Anthony and Aly organize a wedding at the hospital - including finding and purchasing a wedding dress - so Mary Quinn could see her daughter get married, according to Buzzfeed.
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Stamford Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 5 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury