STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford this week:
- Stamford and New Canaan Police are searching for a man who robbed the First County Bank at 1110 Hope St. in the Springdale neighborhood of Stamford.
- Giuseppe "Joe" Cardillo, whose home was destroyed in an enormous explosion in September 2013, gives credit to a red cardinal that saved him from dying in the explosion.
- A 68-year-old Stamford man died in a car accident possibly caused by heart attack just before the crash.
- Connecticut State Police are seeking help in identifying a man who was reportedly hit and killed by a car while he was walking on Interstate 95 in Stamford.
- An elderly Stamford woman was swindled out of $30,000 when someone called and told her they needed the money to get her grandson out of jail.
- Icy conditions caused six injuries in a 27-car pileup in Greenwich, leading to a nearly three-hour closure of Interstate 95.