STAMFORD, Conn. -- Several former co-workers of Mathew Martoma, a former trader from Stamford-based SAC Capital Advisors accused of insider trading, gave depositions to federal authorities to help build the case for the trial that begins Tuesday, Jan. 7, according to The New York Times.
Federal prosecutors could call several witnesses that worked with Martoma, who is charged with using inside information to help generate $275 million in profits for SAC in 2008, The Times Reported.
The SEC has not yet filed any charges against SAC founder and Greenwich resident Steven A. Cohen, according to The Times.
- 1 NY Woman Charged With Using Phony $100 Bills At Stamford Mall
- 2 Stamford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Stamford Could See Light Snow Through Thursday Morning