STAMFORD, Conn. -- Several former co-workers of Mathew Martoma, a former trader from Stamford-based SAC Capital Advisors accused of insider trading, gave depositions to federal authorities to help build the case for the trial that begins Tuesday, Jan. 7, according to The New York Times.
Federal prosecutors could call several witnesses that worked with Martoma, who is charged with using inside information to help generate $275 million in profits for SAC in 2008, The Times Reported.
The SEC has not yet filed any charges against SAC founder and Greenwich resident Steven A. Cohen, according to The Times.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 2 Young Stamford Gymnast Vaults To Forefront In State Competition
- 3 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Stamford
- 4 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed