STAMFORD, Conn. -- Several former co-workers of Mathew Martoma, a former trader from Stamford-based SAC Capital Advisors accused of insider trading, gave depositions to federal authorities to help build the case for the trial that begins Tuesday, Jan. 7, according to The New York Times.
Federal prosecutors could call several witnesses that worked with Martoma, who is charged with using inside information to help generate $275 million in profits for SAC in 2008, The Times Reported.
The SEC has not yet filed any charges against SAC founder and Greenwich resident Steven A. Cohen, according to The Times.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Crumbs Makes A Cupcake Comeback In Stamford