STAMFORD, Conn. -- Several former co-workers of Mathew Martoma, a former trader from Stamford-based SAC Capital Advisors accused of insider trading, gave depositions to federal authorities to help build the case for the trial that begins Tuesday, Jan. 7, according to The New York Times.
Federal prosecutors could call several witnesses that worked with Martoma, who is charged with using inside information to help generate $275 million in profits for SAC in 2008, The Times Reported.
The SEC has not yet filed any charges against SAC founder and Greenwich resident Steven A. Cohen, according to The Times.
- 1 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 2 Stamford High Principal, Assistant Apply For Special Court Program
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 5 Stamford Commission Seeks New Ways To Use Old Buildings