STAMFORD, Conn. -- Several former co-workers of Mathew Martoma, a former trader from Stamford-based SAC Capital Advisors accused of insider trading, gave depositions to federal authorities to help build the case for the trial that begins Tuesday, Jan. 7, according to The New York Times.
Federal prosecutors could call several witnesses that worked with Martoma, who is charged with using inside information to help generate $275 million in profits for SAC in 2008, The Times Reported.
The SEC has not yet filed any charges against SAC founder and Greenwich resident Steven A. Cohen, according to The Times.
- 1 Man Charged With Making Video Of Woman, 48, In Stamford Beach Bathroom
- 2 'Shark Tank' Star Mark Cuban Anchors Yacht Off Stamford Harbor
- 3 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 4 Police Search For Stamford Man In Armed Robbery Of Check-Cashing Business
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money