STAMFORD, Conn. — A car driving north on the Merritt Parkway hit a tree near Exit 33 on the Greenwich-Stamford line between 10 and 10:30 a.m. Thursday, an official with the Turn of River Volunteer Fire Department said.
Responders from Stamford Fire & Rescue, Turn of River and the Greenwich Fire Department worked for about an hour to free the driver, the official said. Paramedics took the victim to the hospital.
The parkway was closed while emergency responders worked to get the motorist from the vehicle, the official said. Traffic has since opened up, he said.
The official declined to say what might have caused the accident.
- 1 Administrators Arrested In Teacher Sex Case Won't Return To Stamford High
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Principal, Assistant Won't Return To Stamford High After Teacher Sex Case
- 4 Stamford Schools Earn Average Grades From Advocacy Group
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Stamford