STAMFORD, Conn. — A car driving north on the Merritt Parkway hit a tree near Exit 33 on the Greenwich-Stamford line between 10 and 10:30 a.m. Thursday, an official with the Turn of River Volunteer Fire Department said.
Responders from Stamford Fire & Rescue, Turn of River and the Greenwich Fire Department worked for about an hour to free the driver, the official said. Paramedics took the victim to the hospital.
The parkway was closed while emergency responders worked to get the motorist from the vehicle, the official said. Traffic has since opened up, he said.
The official declined to say what might have caused the accident.
- 1 Stamford High Schools Ranked Among Connecticut's Best
- 2 Alarm Sends Stamford School Into Lockdown; Cops Call It False Alarm
- 3 North Stamford Man Charged With Robbing Teen At Knifepoint
- 4 Stamford Police Seek Help In Finding Suspect In Attacks On Man, Clerk
- 5 Greenwich Bank Robbed At Gunpoint; Police Seek Female Suspect