STAMFORD, Conn. — A car driving north on the Merritt Parkway hit a tree near Exit 33 on the Greenwich-Stamford line between 10 and 10:30 a.m. Thursday, an official with the Turn of River Volunteer Fire Department said.
Responders from Stamford Fire & Rescue, Turn of River and the Greenwich Fire Department worked for about an hour to free the driver, the official said. Paramedics took the victim to the hospital.
The parkway was closed while emergency responders worked to get the motorist from the vehicle, the official said. Traffic has since opened up, he said.
The official declined to say what might have caused the accident.
- 1 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Sold Cocaine To Undercover Cop
- 2 Young Stamford Slugger Belts Homers From Each Side Of Plate
- 3 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, Stamford
- 4 Stamford Animal Control Report Calls For Shorter Leash On Volunteers
- 5 Stamford Man Gets 12 Years In Prison For Impregnating Preteen