NORWALK, Conn. -- Debris on the roadway was slowing traffic in both directions on the Merritt Parkway in Norwalk late Wednesday afternoon, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The debris -- reportedly fallen tree branches due to the high winds -- had been cleared. But work to clear the roadway had closed the left lane between Exits 41 and 40B on the southbound side of the Merritt. Traffic delays extended back to the exit for Route 57.
The DOT reported 7.6 miles of traffic delays from Exit 36 to Exit 41 on the northbound Merritt late Wednesday afternoon.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Stamford Skies Sunday
- 2 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Salvatore Robert Buchetto, 66, Teacher At Stamford Public Schools