NORWALK, Conn. -- Debris on the roadway was slowing traffic in both directions on the Merritt Parkway in Norwalk late Wednesday afternoon, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The debris -- reportedly fallen tree branches due to the high winds -- had been cleared. But work to clear the roadway had closed the left lane between Exits 41 and 40B on the southbound side of the Merritt. Traffic delays extended back to the exit for Route 57.
The DOT reported 7.6 miles of traffic delays from Exit 36 to Exit 41 on the northbound Merritt late Wednesday afternoon.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Giuseppe And Livia Fortuna, 91 And 86, Of Stamford