NORWALK, Conn. -- Debris on the roadway was slowing traffic in both directions on the Merritt Parkway in Norwalk late Wednesday afternoon, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The debris -- reportedly fallen tree branches due to the high winds -- had been cleared. But work to clear the roadway had closed the left lane between Exits 41 and 40B on the southbound side of the Merritt. Traffic delays extended back to the exit for Route 57.
The DOT reported 7.6 miles of traffic delays from Exit 36 to Exit 41 on the northbound Merritt late Wednesday afternoon.
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Stamford Man Hit By Car Remains In Critical Condition
- 3 Police: Cross-Dressing Man Charged In Stamford Mugging
- 4 Police: Homeless Patron Punches Stamford Bouncer In The Nose
- 5 Stamford Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach