NORWALK, Conn. -- Debris on the roadway was slowing traffic in both directions on the Merritt Parkway in Norwalk late Wednesday afternoon, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The debris -- reportedly fallen tree branches due to the high winds -- had been cleared. But work to clear the roadway had closed the left lane between Exits 41 and 40B on the southbound side of the Merritt. Traffic delays extended back to the exit for Route 57.
The DOT reported 7.6 miles of traffic delays from Exit 36 to Exit 41 on the northbound Merritt late Wednesday afternoon.
- 1 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 2 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety
- 3 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Stamford On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 'Tis The Season For Networking: New Group Forms In Stamford