STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford this week:
- A motorcyclist Armando Barrera, 38, from Norwalk was killed on Interstate 95 north just before Exit 9 near the Stamford and Darien border.
- A Wilton physical therapist Craig Wood, 44, was arrested at the Stamford courthouse on charges of attempting to bring in crystal methamphetamine.
- An accident involving two tractor-trailers and a spill of rolls of paper onto the highway jammed traffic on Interstate 95 northbound in Norwalk.
- Stamford police captured a wanted fugitive who is connected with a shooting in the Bronx, N.Y.
Stamford Public Schools raised $21,817.22 through a districtwide fundraiser to build a playground at Stamford’s West Beach this spring.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Stamford On Wednesday
- 2 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Stamford High Principal, Assistant Apply For Special Court Program
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stamford's Backyard Humanitarian Conducts Annual Coat Drive