Update: GREENWICH, Conn. -- The accident scene in Greenwich has been cleared, DOT said.
Original story: GREENWICH, Conn. -- The northbound Merritt Parkway is congested in Greenwich on Tuesday afternoon after a one-car motor vehicle accident blocked the right lane, the Connecticut Department of Transportation reported.
The backup is for about 3 miles from about Exit 27 for King Street/Route 120A to Exit 29 for Lake Avenue. The accident was reported between Exits 28 and 29 at about 3:50 p.m., DOT said.
The accident has been cleared after less than an hour, but the traffic backups remain.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Stamford For Saturday