FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – It’s official, in 2011, Connecticut’s adults were less obese than adults in 41 of its fellow states, a study from the Center for Disease Control said.
Of the 50 states, Connecticut ranks number nine at 24.5 percent obesity prevalence, compared to the most obese state of Mississippi at 34.9 percent prevalence.
The other states that ranked low in obesity were, from lowest, Colorado, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New Jersey and California.
Mississippi topped as most obese and was followed by Louisiana, West Virginia, Alabama and Michigan.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Crumbs Makes A Cupcake Comeback In Stamford