FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. – It’s official, in 2011, Connecticut’s adults were less obese than adults in 41 of its fellow states, a study from the Center for Disease Control said.
Of the 50 states, Connecticut ranks number nine at 24.5 percent obesity prevalence, compared to the most obese state of Mississippi at 34.9 percent prevalence.
The other states that ranked low in obesity were, from lowest, Colorado, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New Jersey and California.
Mississippi topped as most obese and was followed by Louisiana, West Virginia, Alabama and Michigan.
- 1 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 2 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 3 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 4 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station