7:30 p.m. UPDATE: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Connecticut Light & Power and United Illuminating are reporting power outages in Fairfield County on Wednesday due to the high winds.
As of 7:30 p.m., power outages were reported in:
- Norwalk: 49 customers without power, or less than 1 percent of the city. That is down from 1,022 customers without power earlier in the day.
Power outages reported earlier in Easton, Stamford, Redding, Danbury, Ridgefield, Westport, Fairfield, Wilton and New Canaan have been repaired.
All of Fairfield County is under a Wind Advisory until 8 p.m. Wednesday due to a nor'easter blowing through New England. The area will be spared rain and snow.
Northwesterly winds of 20 to 30 mph could gust up to 50 mph throughout the day, the National Weather Service said. This increases the threat of power outages, fallen trees and brush fires.
- 1 Stamford Woman Avoids Being Swindled Out Of Thousands In Craigslist Scam
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 54 Arrests Were Made At Stamford Schools In 2013
- 5 Chance Of Snow Returns To Stamford Overnight