7:30 p.m. UPDATE: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Connecticut Light & Power and United Illuminating are reporting power outages in Fairfield County on Wednesday due to the high winds.
As of 7:30 p.m., power outages were reported in:
- Norwalk: 49 customers without power, or less than 1 percent of the city. That is down from 1,022 customers without power earlier in the day.
Power outages reported earlier in Easton, Stamford, Redding, Danbury, Ridgefield, Westport, Fairfield, Wilton and New Canaan have been repaired.
All of Fairfield County is under a Wind Advisory until 8 p.m. Wednesday due to a nor'easter blowing through New England. The area will be spared rain and snow.
Northwesterly winds of 20 to 30 mph could gust up to 50 mph throughout the day, the National Weather Service said. This increases the threat of power outages, fallen trees and brush fires.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report