7:30 p.m. UPDATE: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Connecticut Light & Power and United Illuminating are reporting power outages in Fairfield County on Wednesday due to the high winds.
As of 7:30 p.m., power outages were reported in:
- Norwalk: 49 customers without power, or less than 1 percent of the city. That is down from 1,022 customers without power earlier in the day.
Power outages reported earlier in Easton, Stamford, Redding, Danbury, Ridgefield, Westport, Fairfield, Wilton and New Canaan have been repaired.
All of Fairfield County is under a Wind Advisory until 8 p.m. Wednesday due to a nor'easter blowing through New England. The area will be spared rain and snow.
Northwesterly winds of 20 to 30 mph could gust up to 50 mph throughout the day, the National Weather Service said. This increases the threat of power outages, fallen trees and brush fires.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Giuseppe And Livia Fortuna, 91 And 86, Of Stamford