8 a.m update: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The only $425 million jackpot-winning Powerball ticket was sold at a gas station in Milpitas, Calif., in the Bay Area. But Fairfield County lottery players should check to see whether they won another prize.
A total of 17 tickets were sold that won $1 million each, Powerball said.
Original story: FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Feeling lucky, Fairfield County? If your Powerball ticket contains all the winning numbers, you could be the first jackpot winner in 2014,
Here are the numbers drawn Wednesday night for the $400 million prize: 1, 17, 35, 49 and 54 with a Powerball of 34.
The chances of winning the big prize are 1 in 175 million, the lottery said.
The last Jackpot winning drawing was on Christmas Day 2013.
In the biggest jackpot ever, a single Powerball winner took home $590 million before taxes in Florida in May 2013. In August, a Powerball jackpot worth $448 million was shared by three winning tickets.
Over the past two years, Powerball prizes have nearly doubled in size after ticket prices rose to $2 from $1.
Powerball is played in 43 states, including Connecticut,, along with Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Drawings take place every Wednesday and Saturday.
- 1 Stamford Woman Found Dead After Suspicious Fire In Home
- 2 Embattled Stamford High School Appoints Two New Assistant Principals
- 3 Women Betrayed Group To Rally Against Planned Parenthood In Stamford
- 4 Filmmaker Records Stamford's Memories In New Documentary
- 5 Police: Stamford Man Hit Woman With Two Chairs After Dispute Over Music