FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The new fleet of rail cars on Metro-North's New Haven Line may delight Fairfield County commuters, but they might also be signaling closing time for the last remaining bar cars, according to newstimes.com.
Bar cars aren't just a tradition, they're something of a relic: The New Haven Line is the last commuter rail in the country to feature them, newstimes.com reported.
Metro North authorities have said they want to continue bar car service, but there is no set date for retrofitting the new M8 cars to do so, newstimes.com said.
- 1 Grad From Stamford's Westhill High In Line To Become Nike Chairman
- 2 Malloy Defends Record In Speech Before Business Council Of Fairfield County
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 5 Two Men Charged In Armed Robbery Of Stamford Convenience Store