FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The new fleet of rail cars on Metro-North's New Haven Line may delight Fairfield County commuters, but they might also be signaling closing time for the last remaining bar cars, according to newstimes.com.
Bar cars aren't just a tradition, they're something of a relic: The New Haven Line is the last commuter rail in the country to feature them, newstimes.com reported.
Metro North authorities have said they want to continue bar car service, but there is no set date for retrofitting the new M8 cars to do so, newstimes.com said.
- 1 Man, 62, Knocks Down Younger Victim In Road Rage Assault, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Stamford
- 5 Stamford Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm