FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The new fleet of rail cars on Metro-North's New Haven Line may delight Fairfield County commuters, but they might also be signaling closing time for the last remaining bar cars, according to newstimes.com.
Bar cars aren't just a tradition, they're something of a relic: The New Haven Line is the last commuter rail in the country to feature them, newstimes.com reported.
Metro North authorities have said they want to continue bar car service, but there is no set date for retrofitting the new M8 cars to do so, newstimes.com said.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Stamford On Wednesday
- 2 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Stamford High Principal, Assistant Apply For Special Court Program
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stamford's Backyard Humanitarian Conducts Annual Coat Drive