FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- The new fleet of rail cars on Metro-North's New Haven Line may delight Fairfield County commuters, but they might also be signaling closing time for the last remaining bar cars, according to newstimes.com.
Bar cars aren't just a tradition, they're something of a relic: The New Haven Line is the last commuter rail in the country to feature them, newstimes.com reported.
Metro North authorities have said they want to continue bar car service, but there is no set date for retrofitting the new M8 cars to do so, newstimes.com said.
- 1 Prosecutor Slams Stamford Schools As Administrators Get Accelerated Rehab
- 2 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 3 Stamford’s Cloonan Middle School Earns School Of Distinction Honor
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Stamford