STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford last week:
- A man was punched in the head in an attempted robbery at gunpoint and chased through his neighborhood by his attacker in Stamford.
- Mario Gomez-Ascom, 39, of 88 Lockwood Ave. was arrested and charged with second-degree breach of peace and interfering with a police officer after causing a disturbance at a loud party in Stamford.
- Stanley Bruno, 29, of Danbury, and Christopher Bautista, 26, of Stamford were arrested as police from several communities helped to break up a fight in South Norwalk involving about 600 people.
- Emily Catherine Fedorko a high honors student at Greenwich High died at age of 16 in a tragic boating accident in Greenwich.
- Stamford Police officers captured two men, Christopher Purvis, 18, of 77 Pequot Drive, and Lamous Eaddy, 53, of 127 Myano Lane, who ran after a suspected drug deal in Hatch Field Park.
- More than $4,000 of copper wire was stolen while the construction manager was on vacation at the new CVS pharmacy under construction at 969 High Ridge Road.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Stamford Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Stamford Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow