STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford this week:
- Robert Santos, 24, upset with a tattoo that caused a skin infection, confronted the artist who created it and tattooed him with punches, police said.
- A man was arrested on drug charges after police went to a small Stamford park following complaints from residents about possible drug sales as large groups of men gathered there.
- A taxi driver Walter Hernandez, 24, who was trapped in his cab after a two-car crash , was freed by a witness near the Stamford train station.
- Six students from Stamford's Cloonan Middle School were selected from hundreds of applicants nationwide to participate in a four-day STEM workshop at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
- A Stamford man, Leonardo Sanchez, 32, was charged with operating while under the influence and failing to stop at a traffic light after colliding with a new police cruiser that had its lights and sirens on in May.