STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford last week:
- Victor Medina-Fajardo, 32, of 873 Washington Blvd., in Stamford, who fell asleep at the wheel just before his car struck two people on a city street last month, killing a city woman, was arrested.
- Metro-North is investigating the details of the death of actor/model , Brian McClellan, a 21-year-old Ohio man who died, after he was found on fire on top of a Metro-North train in Greenwich.
- Seven people accused of being involved in a major tristate burglary ring were arrested in Fairfield.
- A Stamford septic-pumping company owner Robert Aillery, 58, of 84 Knickerbocker Ave. was charged with dumping seven million pounds of sewage into the city's sewer system to avoid paying the city's disposal fees.
- A group of 18 students and staff members from The Harvey School in Katonah, N.Y., spent a day doing volunteer work at two organizations in Stamford.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.