STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford this week:
- A 17-year-old Stamford High School student reportedly committed suicide, the second student in a month to take their own life.
- Stamford-based Arena Gymnastics won its first meet of the season at the Muriel Grossfeld Invitational held at Southern Connecticut State University.
- Stamford's Mario’s Professional Dry Cleaners and volunteers from Backyard Humanitarian will hold their annual coat drive for charity.
- Lillian Barbara Conetta, a longtime resident of Stamford died at age of 98.
- A Darien High School football and lacrosse coach was arrested on charges of drunken driving in Norwalk and kicking a female police officer during an arrest.
- A Fairfield Ludlowe High School teacher was arrested on 17 counts of sexual assault on a student after a two-month investigation.
Stamford-based AmeriCares Hurricane Sandy Relief Program continues to work to meet the medical and mental health needs of the survivors.