STAMFORD, Conn. -- AmeriCares Free Clinics will celebrate the opening of its new mobile clinic at its headquarters at 88 Hamilton Ave. in Stamford on Thursday, Jan. 9, at 9 a.m.
The mobile clinic will be on the road three days a week, making scheduled stops at Neighbors Link on Selleck Street, New Covenant House of Hospitality soup kitchen on Fairfield Avenue and Domus on Lockwoood Avenue.
The clinic serves low-income residents of Stamford and Darien ages 18 and older without health insurance.
The AmeriCares clinic is the only free clinic in Stamford where nearly one out of every five residents is uninsured. Patients receive comprehensive health care, including medications, lab work and diagnostic testing all at no cost.
Stamford Hospital offers Stamford clinic patients a full range of diagnostic services including X-rays, CT scans and MRIs; Quest Diagnostics provides free laboratory testing for patients.
AmeriCares Free Clinics provide quality health care to uninsured area residents. Since 1994 the program has provided 22,000 patients with $50 million in free health care services. For more information go to the website or call 1-800-486-HELP.
- 1 NY Woman Charged With Using Phony $100 Bills At Stamford Mall
- 2 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 3 Stamford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield