STAMFORD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Stamford this week:
- KC and the Sunshine Band, the Beach Boys, B.B. King, Barenaked Ladies and more will headline this year's annual Alive@Five concert series and Jazz Up July events held in Columbus Park this summer.
- Michael Steinberg, a portfolio manager from Sigma Capital Management, a division of the Stamford-based based hedge fund SAC Capital, was sentenced to 42 months in federal prison for insider trading .
- The relatives of physician Joseph J. Stavola and attorney Jeanne C. Serocke-Stavol, who were killed while driving on the Merritt Parkway in 2007, are suing the state of Connecticut over the deaths.
- Curtain Call’s Dancing With The Stars delighted an audience of more than 700 at The Palace Theatre in Stamford.
- The night manager of a Stamford pet store was arrested on charges of embezzling nearly $12,000 from the store.
- A new study by finance magazine Kiplinger's has ranked Stamford as the fifth-most expensive city in America to live in.
- A major international hotelier will add 340 jobs at its Stamford headquarters .
- The son of a Stamford police officer who was killed while serving the country in Afghanistan last September was honored in a statewide ceremony in Hartford.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.