Updated 3:40 p.m.: DANBURY, Conn. -- Three people died in an accident Tuesday morning on Route 53 in Danbury, according to a report on NBC Connecticut.
The victims have not been identified, the report said. Danbury police are investigating the crash, which occurred near the Danbury-Bethel border.
The road was reopened at about 2:30 p.m., the report said.
2:30 p.m.: DANBURY, Conn. – An accident with at least one fatality closed Route 53 on the Danbury/Bethel line late Tuesday morning, according to a report on NBC Connecticut.
The crash occurred at 11:45 a.m. on Route 53, also known as South Street in that area. The accident involved a truck and two sedans, according to a report in The News-Times. Four people were transported to Danbury Hospital. Two people had to be extricated from vehicles, and CPR was administered at the scene.
Traffic was detoured from Route 53 on to Great Pasture Road in Danbury. Check back with Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Stamford Woman Found Dead After Suspicious Fire In Home
- 2 Stamford Police Seek Suspect Involved In Crash, Chase
- 3 Embattled Stamford High School Appoints Two New Assistant Principals
- 4 Women Betrayed Group To Rally Against Planned Parenthood In Stamford
- 5 Police: Stamford Man Hit Woman With Two Chairs After Dispute Over Music