STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford Hospital President and CEO Brian Grissler will be honored as the Volunteer Center and the Danbury-based United Way of Western Connecticut hosts its 19th annual Heart of Gold Dinner.
The event will be Wednesday, April 24, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Stamford Marriott Hotel, 243 Tresser Blvd. Business attire is requested.
The Volunteer Center established the Heart of Gold award in 1995 to recognize and encourage business leaders to build volunteerism into their strategic plans, the group said in a statement.
Under Grissler's leadership, Stamford Hospital has supported a culture of employee volunteerism and is a model for other companies, the Volunteer Center said. The hospital also offers meaningful volunteer opportunities to more than 1,000 community members each year, it said.
The Volunteer Center merged with the United Way of Western Connecticut last June. The United Way now honors individuals with the Heart of Gold Award in place of its annual Community Inspiration Award.
Ticket prices range from $10,000 for dinner host tables to individuals for $150 per person with many options in between. Tickets can be purchased online and will be held at the door. For more information or for questions, send an email to Stefanie.Docimo@uwwesternct.org.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Stamford Police Release Video Of Shooting, Ask For Help Finding Suspects